PROSTATE CANCER: KNOW THE SYMPTOMS AND ACT QUICKLY
If diagnosed early, many prostate cancers grow slowly and don’t cause any health problems in men who have them.
COME SEE US IMMEDIATELY IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS:
- Difficulty starting urination.
- Weak or interrupted flow of urine.
- Frequent urination, especially at night.
- Difficulty emptying the bladder completely.
- Pain or burning during urination.
- Blood in the urine or semen.
- Pain in the back, hips, or pelvis that doesn’t go away.
- Painful ejaculation.
Keep in mind that different men may experience different symptoms, while some men do not have symptoms at all. The above symptoms may also be caused by conditions other than prostate cancer.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR PHYSICIAN ABOUT PROSTATE CANCER:
- Am I at a greater risk for prostate cancer?
- At what age should I start to think about screening for prostate cancer?
- If I get my blood test, and it is not normal, what other things could I have besides prostate cancer?
- What is a biopsy, and how is it done?
- What are the side effects or risks of a biopsy?
- If my biopsy shows some cancer cells, what does that mean?
- Ask about all treatment options: close monitoring and follow-up visits, radiation, or surgery to remove the prostate.
- What are the side effects or risks of each treatment?
ABOUT CLEAR CHOICE ER
Clear Choice ER is a full-service emergency room offering you a safe alternative to overcrowded hospital ERs. We are available for all your emergency needs without the typical long wait times found in hospital ERs. Come and see for yourself the difference in emergency care that you’ve always deserved. We are located at 7105 N. Bartlett, between Jacaman Rd. and Del Mar Blvd. You can also reach us at (956) 242-4225 or on our FB or Instagram pages.